The cost of food is one of the most expensive line items on your restaurant profit and loss statement. And with prices continuing to rise, controlling (and maintaining) your cost of sales (ICOS) is crucial to your franchise’s success. In fact, if one of your store’s ICOS is 1% too high, that could mean $20,000 off bottom line – or more.
Click the video player to learn strategies for optimizing your restaurants’ profitability, including:
- Sales forecasting tips to reduce theft and loss
- Ordering and receiving guidelines
- Inventory procedures that will reduce common errors
- Food handling and portioning best practice
- How to monitor cashier performance for potential theft or loss
Get to know the presenter
With 40+ years of experience holding leadership roles at a variety of top 50 restaurant brands, Ed Heskett knows how to run a successful restaurant operation. He’s helped reduce speed of service times by 2 minutes, increase operational efficiencies, create a culture of loss prevention, and build an all-star staff at his stores. He’s currently a Senior Area Coach and Loss Prevention Manager for Border Foods, a 187-unit (and growing!) Taco Bell franchise.